2019 - Research and Admin Assistant (Employment)
|Reference:||2019 - 005|
About the Department of Employment
The Australian Government Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business role is to support economic growth, by delivering policies and programs that assist job seekers to find work, encourage small and family businesses to grow, and maximise opportunity through access to quality skills and training.
Closing date of application : 23 September 2019
Monthly gross salary : 3016€ + 13th Month in December
About the Position
This provides administrative and secretarial support to the Minister-Counsellor, as well as undertaking research as requested. The Minister-Counsellor is Australia’s representative to the OECD on employment matters (based in Paris) and to the ILO (based in Geneva).
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Minister-Counsellor, including written and oral communication in both English and French
• Provide timely financial monitoring and reporting and assist with effective management of budget at Post
• Provide high level research support to the Minister-Counsellor as directed
• Assist with or undertake representational duties as required, and
• Plan and facilitate representation functions of the Minister-Counsellor.
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality research support.
• Proven ability in the provision of high-level administrative, financial and secretarial support to a senior executive.
• Superior communication skills, including written and oral communication in both English and French.
• Flexibility and high interpersonal skills required.
• Working knowledge of structures and procedures of the OECD, the ILO, Australian and French Governments.
• Applicants must be a national of Australia, New Zealand, the United States of America, Canada, or United Kingdom and must be eligible for an Australian Government security clearance. Persons holding dual French nationality with one of the above nationalities would not be eligible for a security clearance for this position. Applications that do not specifically address and satisfy this requirement will not be considered.
• Fluency in English is essential. A good level of written and spoken French is highly desirable.
• High level skills in Microsoft Office and internet based computer applications are essential.
• This position is located in Paris but required to travel to Geneva, including for extended blocks of time.
Candidates must already have, or be able to quickly obtain on their own, a valid work permit/visa for employment in France. The Embassy will not provide sponsorship.