2019 - Cultural Affairs Internship
|Reference:||2019 - 005|
|Contract type:||Internship (6 months)|
The Australian Embassy Paris is looking for an intern to join its Public Diplomacy team.
The internship will start as soon as possible and run for the duration of up to 6 months (a minimum of 4 months is required).
Closing date of application : 15/10/2019.
As part of the Public diplomacy team, the intern will:
• Assist with arrangements of events and activities to promote Australia
• Support the organisation of cultural projects
• Support the Embassy social media activity
• Assist with managing and updating contacts database
• Assist with drafting press releases and media alerts
Interns should meet the following criteria:
• Fluency in French and excellent spoken and written English
• Demonstrated IT skills and familiarity with social media platforms
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational and team-working skills
• Ability to take initiative and set priorities
554,40€ a month plus 50% public transport fees
‘Convention de stage’ from a French university/school – mandatory
For non-French school students: In accordance with local law, any internship in France will need to be managed under the auspices of an internship agreement signed with a school or university. The tripartite agreement (ie, between you, the university and the workplace) can be signed with a foreign school/university, but the procedure should take three to six months to set up. The agreement should outline a project you would work on (which the embassy would help draft) and be submitted to the French “prefecture de Paris” at least three months before the proposed commencement of the internship. The prefecture will make a decision on whether the internship can proceed. Moreover, you should request the appropriate visa to leave/study or work in France (please note that unfortunately, the Embassy does not provide sponsorship)