2017 - Chef - Résidence de l'Ambassadeur
|Location:||75 - Paris|
The Australian Ambassador is seeking a suitably qualified and creative person to fill the position of Chef at his residence. This role is critical in promoting Australia and its food culture in France and the successful candidate must have a strong background in creating and preparing modern Australian cuisine.
As the Chef at the Ambassador’s residence, the incumbent is responsible to the Head of Mission and spouse for all meals served at the residence on a daily basis and for all official functions.
Under limited direction, the successful candidate acts as Chef of the Ambassador’s residence by coordinating the kitchen and related purchasing logistics, menu planning, preparing well-presented food and serving food in a professional and timely manner. In addition to food preparation, the Chef will be active in selecting and shopping for food, overseeing food-related event preparation and assist in serving food at events. The ability to work closely and effectively within a small team is essential.
• Plan menus and prepare food for official events (breakfast, lunch, dinner and receptions)
• Plan and prepare food for the Ambassador and his family on a daily basis
• Manage food stock and purchasing
• Prepare shopping lists in coordination with the House Manager and assist with the purchasing process
• Comply with Australian and French food health and safety standards
• Engage with embassy staff to ensure seamless and efficient service at the residence
• Relevant qualification/training
• Sound understanding of modern Australian cuisine and Australian food trends
• Rounded work experience in the industry to provide a full suite of meals (hot and cold meals and desserts)
• Experience in creating menus and producing meals for table service and catering for large functions
• Creative, innovate and self-sufficient with ability to work in a small team
Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work (time off in-lieu during the week)
According to experience
Candidates should note that this is a private staff position, the succesful candidate will be employed under the French : "Convention Collective Nationale du Particulier Employeur" and will require a valid work visa for France.
Due date to send your application : 22/10/2017